Re: [News] [Rival] Omnipotent Microsoft Makes Standards out of Binary Spew

____/ 7 on Friday 28 December 2007 12:02 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Eleven Trends From 2007
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | 7. Microsoft loses the first round in the Office Open XML
>> | standardization efforts. Microsoft?s attempt to push through a
>> | super-complicated proprietary standardization for an OSI rubber stamp
>> | failed. However, there appears to be little doubt that OOXML will be
>> | standardized at some point?whether it?s in February 2008 or later.
>> | Microsoft will not back down, and eventually its ruthless lobbying will
>> | succeed.
>

> So what we are saying is that standards have changed
> for standards bodies. Today's standards bodies
> can now be bought to pass on non-standards as standards if you pay the fee
> regardless of the fact that standards exist
> and these non-standards are being rubber stamped
> to compete with standards that have been
> establised through normal procedures.
>

>> http://www.sdtimes.com/article/story-20071215-13.html

That's exactly what has happened. Some major people in the ISO have left in
frustration and one even said that the worst dream has come
true -- "standardis(z)ation by corporation"! ISO is being 'violated' by
ECMAsoft; it's being raped, virtually.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Play Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
 18:00:01 up 18 days,  6:48,  4 users,  load average: 2.01, 0.97, 0.96