Re: [News] Previously-Missed Security Problems in Windows Vista

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Saturday 03 February 2007 14:35 \__

> On Saturday 03 February 2007 13:54 Doug Mentohl wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 13:14:55 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> A flaw exists within Windows Vista that
>>> allows local privilege escalation to SYSTEM.
>>
>>> Operating Systems Affected: Microsoft Windows Vista
>>
>> Vista released on Jan 30 2007, hacked by Jan 19 2007 ..
>
> "Have we been here before.... or are we yet to come?"

The worst is yet to come. Some say the problem will be an order of magnitude
greater within a year.

A couple of days ago we mass-disconnected people with a 50-pound fine and one
month suspension (banned from the network). The network ground to a halt and
zombification could be the cause (up to 1 in 4 Windows PCs nowadays is
controlled by a criminal). Either way, the network can breathe better now
(still slower than it has been in the past few years, so something is still
choking it). As for the mail server, last month's storm, that which Vint
Cert called criminals testing the water at a small scale, knocked it down.
Many sites around the globe got crippled, suspended, or cracked. And the
worst is yet to come. Linux users suffer from the storm that they do not
generate.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | How I learned to stop worrying and love GNU/Linux
Tasks: 129 total,   2 running, 124 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie