Re: [News] Man Tries Windows Vista, Vows to Never Try It Again

"Oliver Wong" <owong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> "Jamie Hart" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Oliver Wong" <owong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>>

>>> If I linked to a blog where someone wrote "I tried Linux in 1997,
>>> and after a poor experience I vowed never to try it again", would
>>> you praise that someone as finally seeing the light, or being overly
>>> closed minded?
>>>
>> But the two situations are not the same.  If you linked to a blog
>> that said, I've just tried Mandriva 2007, and after a poor experience
>> I vowed never to try it again.  Then you'd have a similar situation.
>>
>> If you said that, I'd think fair enough, he'll be better off using
>> something else.
>
>     What's the diff? The year? Or the fact that it was "Linux" instead
>     of
> "Mandriva"?

The fact that you were using a single version of windows and all of
Linux.

You were engaging in Hyperbole to make your point.  If you want to be
reasonable, don't stack the deck against Linux.

You don't have to use Mandriva in such an example, but you do need to use
a single version of Linux, otherwise you come across as YAT (yet another
troll).

Your choice of course.