Re: Global project at the SigEx Foundry

__/ [ gary@xxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 21 February 2007 11:47 \__

> I am doing research on an exciting project which involes a list of
> linux servers around the world. It's a very exciting project funded
> by
> SigEx Ventures who has many advanced projects like this and I am
> trying to find which linux systems/versions I should be using and
> what
> tools are more appropriate for that.  Are there other systems I should
> consider ? I am already working with RH, but I would like to know more
> about the networking/grid type capabilities.
>
> I am starting here and this is a school, so I am not a professional,
> but would like to learn as much as I can. Anyone can point me to some
> good ressources on the subject ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary
> Linux Developer
> Student for the SigEx Foundry
> funded by SigEx Ventures

Hi,

There are various distributions that are built with grid in mind.
ParallelKnoppix, which is a Live CD, for example, is supposed to include
(some of) the necessary tools. When I worked on processing of large data in
multiple clusters I just used Fedora Core 3. It does, however, lack some
out-of-the-box utilities.

http://www.gridter.com/linx/linux.html

--
                ~~ With compliments

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
Tasks: 131 total,   2 running, 125 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie