Re: [News] Vista Voice Recognition Drives Guy to GNU/Linux

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 08:29:40 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Windows Vista Speech Recognition, NOT!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| A recent demonstration of Windows Vista's speech recognition program
>| that went wrong. You have to wonder if they will ever get Vista good
>| enough to be released. It is reasons like this that I doubt I will
>| ever use Vista, I think I will put a version of Linux on my next
>| computer and kiss Windows goodbye forever.
> `----
>
> http://www.videorambler.com/2006/07/windows-vista-speech-recognition-not.html

Back to posting 6 month old articles, I see.

FYI, the problem with the Vista speech recognition demo was hardware (too
high a gain), though the software should have compensated for it (which it
didn't).

http://blogs.msdn.com/larryosterman/archive/2006/07/31/684327.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/robch/archive/2006/07/29/682479.aspx

But hey, don't stop posting 6 month old articles about beta builds of
Vista, Einstein.