Re: Microsoft Fails to Comply with Orders, IE Still Irremovable

Hans Schneider wrote:
> What is this to be doing with Linux??

Isn't it obvious? If banks insist on users using Internet Explorer,
Linux users will have problems paying their bills via internet. Hence
the irremovability of Internet Explorer is a direct attack against
Linux. It is also a direct attack against all other web browsers. Many
people won't install another web browser since it takes up more space.
That would not be true if IE was removable. If IE was removable => more
user, using other browsers. Companies forced to support all browsers on
web sites => easier for Linux users.

The fact is that it wouldn't cost more to make a web page that is
compliant with all browsers. I've seen web pages that have told me that
I need Internet Explorer 6.0 or better to view their site. (I have
Firefox, it is better.) The fact is that those moronic web developers
haven't even checked whether it works, they just have a lazy standard
javascript they put on every site. Whenever I get to a site like that
is like that I check if I can use it in Opera. I have not once found
any site that I can't load and browse with Opera. This means that the
site works in other browser, yet they spend the extra time to put in a
javascript that prohibits the user of another browser from viewing the
site.

So in short, anything that forces people to use IE, affects Linux
Users.

/Your friendly neighbourhood Ewok