Re: Novice linux user trying to give back to the community

  • Subject: Re: Novice linux user trying to give back to the community
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:13:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mike Horton ] on Sunday 21 January 2007 09:12 \__

> Rebel Lion wrote:
>> Mike Horton wrote:
>>

>>>  Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like to start by saying that I'm a novice Linux user who really
>>> enjoys the freedom it offers.  I'm an expert by no means but I love to
>>> play around with Linux and help users, or "future" users out where I
>>> can, which isn't to often but occasionally I can at least point someone
>>> in the right direction.
>>>

>>   You could also say you don't even use it

>>   That's got to be a real novelty a howto linux site by someone who
>>   doesn't
>> use it ....
>>

> Just for your information I'm writing this from my desktop machine.  I
> own 4 computers. My desktop machine, a secondary windows machine that my
> girlfriend uses, my laptop which runs windows mce/suse 10.2 because all
> the hardware isnt supported by linux like the dual usb tv tuner, and the
> media reader, also my girlfriend uses the laptop from time to time and
> she doesnt like linux.  Last but not least my lan fileserver running
> suse 10.1
>
> Not that I needed to explain all of this to you but its fucktards like
> you that made me want to create this website.

Mike, this newsgroup is filled with some anti-Linux propaganda trolls. First
they fight; later they'll just join.

I did what I could to help. As it's a new site, its news-worthy.

http://www.digg.com/linux_unix/HowToLinux_Us_An_Elitist_and_Troll_free_Linux_Web_Site_Take_off_Ground
http://tech.netscape.com/story/2007/01/21/howtolinuxus-an-elitist-and-troll-free-linux-web-site-take-off-ground/

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymity - established 2001, Google Groups
 12:00pm  up 94 days 22:14,  6 users,  load average: 1.74, 1.72, 1.27