Re: Novice linux user trying to give back to the community

  • Subject: Re: Novice linux user trying to give back to the community
  • From: Damian O'Leary <damoleary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:45:48 +1300
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Mike Horton ] on Sunday 21 January 2007 09:12 \__
>
>> Rebel Lion wrote:

>>>   You could also say you don't even use it

>>>   That's got to be a real novelty a howto linux site by someone who
>>>   doesn't
>>> use it ....
>>>

>> Just for your information I'm writing this from my desktop machine.  I
>> own 4 computers. My desktop machine, a secondary windows machine that my
>> girlfriend uses, my laptop which runs windows mce/suse 10.2 because all
>> the hardware isnt supported by linux like the dual usb tv tuner, and the
>> media reader, also my girlfriend uses the laptop from time to time and
>> she doesnt like linux.  Last but not least my lan fileserver running
>> suse 10.1
>>
>> Not that I needed to explain all of this to you but its fucktards like
>> you that made me want to create this website.
>
> Mike, this newsgroup is filled with some anti-Linux propaganda trolls.
> First they fight; later they'll just join.
>
> I did what I could to help. As it's a new site, its news-worthy.

http://www.digg.com/linux_unix/HowToLinux_Us_An_Elitist_and_Troll_free_Linux_Web_Site_Take_off_Ground

http://tech.netscape.com/story/2007/01/21/howtolinuxus-an-elitist-and-troll-free-linux-web-site-take-off-ground/

So you are supporting him stealing other peoples work and adding to the mess
which is Linux online help resources?

typical.