[News] The Importance of Open Source Interoperability; Open Source Wins Award

  • Subject: [News] The Importance of Open Source Interoperability; Open Source Wins Award
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 04:04:19 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Can Technology Be Made To Play Nice Together? Really?

,----[ Quote ]
| Customers today have proprietary software and they have open source software.
| Customers just want it all to work together. This dream is becoming a reality
| as companies and projects in both the commercial and open source space are
| working together to solve the interoperability challenge and bring a solution
| to one of the biggest pain points for customers today.
`----

http://www.sda-india.com/sda_india/psecom,id,25,site_layout,sdaindia,articles,587,p,0.html

We need one standard, not 'translators'.

Also new:

Fonality's [open source] trixbox Appliance Captures 2007 TMC Labs Innovation
Award

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-fonalitys-trixbox-appliance-captures-2007-tmc-labs-innovation-/2007/07/03/2757448.htm#6417022636952368922
http://tinyurl.com/3ao26t