Re: Digg spurns Google for young Microsoft ..

____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 29 July 2007 13:40 : \____

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Verily I say unto thee, that waterskidoo spake thusly:
>>
>>> He doesn't like the fact that it is tied to iTunes and claims
>>> it is a piece of over priced junk. It's interesting
>>> because he has never owned one.
>>
>> I own one, and no I don't think they're junk, but they are overpriced
>> (as most Apple products are - except possibly Mac OS X).
>>
>> I also think the iTMS is over-hyped, iTunes itself is a nasty piece of
>> unstable Bloatware (on the Windows platform at least), and that the
>> whole concept of DRM is fundamentally immoral.
>>
>> But the iPod, as a piece of hardware, is quite nice. I just wish it
>> played Ogg Vorbis and Theora files, then I wouldn't need to spend hours
>> transcoding multimedia to non-Free formats in order to view them on the
>> iPod.
>>

> That's precisely why I don't own such a machine...

Worth mentioning again: http://www.youtube.com/v/YKI_w_VBoTQ

"Stop buying C.R.A.P".

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Othello for free: http://othellomaster.com
 14:05:02 up 42 days, 19:33,  6 users,  load average: 0.94, 1.96, 2.15