Re: [News] Acer Angry at Microsoft over Vista, Says Entire Industry is "Disappointed", Introduces Linux

____/ Linonut on Tuesday 24 July 2007 12:50 : \____

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Acer: PC industry 'disappointed' with Vista

>> | "The whole industry is disappointed with Windows Vista," Lanci said.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=9579
>>
>> Acer seems to be moving towards GNU/Linux. They offer some models with Linux
>> preloaded. How times have changed. Microsoft committed suicide with Vista
>> (greed and incompetence).
>
> I disagree about the suicide part.  They've simply shot themselves in
> the foot, and they may well be developing gangrene even.  But the other
> leg (XP) is fine.
>
> By the way, that doesn't stop me from saying, based on recent news
> (OOXML and Linspire, for example), that Microsoft is a bunch of scumbags.

They have also begun squeezing money out of the Chinese. That's how they can
sustain cashflow while at the same time reduce their userbase (cost will do
this).

I'm not sure about OOXML yet. I've just enquired. Many nations and
organisations support ODF and Microsoft gets exposed whenever it does its
dirty laundry. This leads to angry letters that reach very high levels in the
nation. Those who cheat will be named, shamed, and punished. Microsoft's Mafia
Culture must not be tolerated.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
Cpu(s): 27.0%us,  4.5%sy,  1.0%ni, 63.0%id,  4.1%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st