Re: Latest Linux convert: Laura DiDildo?

__/ [ Linonut ] on Saturday 09 June 2007 13:01 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, AB belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> On 2007-06-09, Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>>
>>> I hope this dingbat is right!
>>> But what if all our proprietary driver writers sign up with Microsoft?
>>> Sounds like we're out in the cold unless we run SuSE.
>>
>> That's what Laura Didiot avoids saying in her "analysis" of the
>> situation.
>>
>> Didiot hasn't changed her position. She's simply going through her own
>> personal flatfishistic "awakening": pretend you're being friendly while
>> you hold the knife you plan on using behind your back.
>>
>> She's still an MS FUD-puppet. But she's trying to smile real nice while
>> she slips the blade in deeper.
>
> MS:  More Shiv!
>
> Shank you very much!

Don't you mean "skank"?

I still remember the post where [H]omer said that someone should stick a cork
(mind the spelling) in her butt. She was spreading more of that same FUD.
For context (maybe non-regulars/lurkers):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Didio

,----[ Quote ]
| An example of her opinion on how Open Source Software is handled shows
| in this remark (quoted from a phone interview from her home in
| Massachusetts): "The thing about Linux is, you can talk about a free,
| open operating system all you want, but you can't take that idea of free
| and open and put it into a capitalist system and maintain it as though
| it is some kind of hippie commune or ashram, because if you can do it
| like that, at that point I'm like, 'Pass the hookah please!'" [1]
|
| Even recently, after admitting that a SCO victory in their case against
| IBM seemed like an extreme longshot, Didio said, "There is a larger
| issue, though: Even if the SCO case gets dismissed entirely, it does
| not remove the copyright cloud hanging over Linux and open source." [2]
|
| [...]
|
| Unsurprisingly, Linux advocates have in response heavily criticised
| DiDio. Typical criticisms are a lack of formal Computer Science
| qualifications and promoting studies funded by Microsoft; frequently
| this has resulted in questioning of her integrity and her being
| characterised as "a Microsoft shill".

                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      | < http://debian.org >
roy      pts/8                         Sat Jun  9 10:55 - 10:56  (00:00)