Re: [News] [Rival] Another Microsoft Project Bites the Dust

> Microsoft axes Digital Image Suite
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Microsoft is discontinuing one of its products, and I'm bummed.
> `----
>
> http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9730156-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20
>
> Many projects of theirs have been scraped/discontinued recently. Web sites,
> Web-based services, desktop applications, devices...

In spite of their very deep pockets, they are not being terribly
successful at the moment in any markets.  Their margins are so huge,
however, that all they probably need to do is introduce some truly
swingeing cuts, for example, move 80% of their development offshore,
then at least another 10%, and start dropping non-core products from the
list if they don't look useful.  It could well have a very positive
impact on the corporate numbers, of course, if you happen to work for
MS, it would be a pretty frightening time.