Re: [News] [Rival] Big Companies to Forbid Consumer's Backup, Blame Piracy

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer
<spam@xxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:44:16 +0100
<0go8l4-0pj.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
>
>> BTW, my understanding is that "Happy Birthday To You" in commercial
>> settings needs a royalty payment of 1 cent a singing.
>
> "Happy Birthday To You" is a copyrighted song!!!
>
> That's just perverse.

All songs are, in theory, copyrighted.  It's just that
the owner of this one requires royalty payments.

I agree, quite perverse, especially after learning that
it's a modified version of "Good Morning To You", which is
now public domain.

My brain hurts.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #992381111:
while(bit&BITMASK) ;