Re: [News] Linux-based OSD Gets YouTube

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 29 June 2007 15:39 : \____

>> YouTube on the TV with the OSD
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Neuros is certainly not the only ones bringing net video to the TV, but we
>>| are probably the only CE company doing it with open source. Nowhere is the
>>| intersection between free software and free speech more obvious. If the
>>| connection between the internet and the TV falls into the hands of a
>>| proprietary vendor's closed solution, then the hard won free speech victory
>>| of he internet will fall far short of its ultimate potential.
>> `----
>>
>> http://open.neurostechnology.com/node/905
>>
>> So, it's not just Apple TV now. Linux has YouTube streams too. Even though
>> this one is a hacker-friendly unit, Apple TV has fallen 'victim' to the same
>> thing.
>
> Well, you can just connect the video out of your computer to a modulator
> and send it to your televisions - that's what I do.

Some people have many televisions in the house simply because they don't
consolidate and unify. The same goes for PCs. It's a problem, nothing of
merit.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows: as good as Richard Stallman's dental higiene
 17:00:02 up 12 days, 22:28,  4 users,  load average: 1.11, 1.01, 0.92