Re: Thunderbird Makes No Sense

__/ [ Gordon ] on Wednesday 07 March 2007 07:41 \__

> John Bailo wrote:
>>
>> When it comes to rating articles or blocking authors or threads,
>> Thunderbird has no capabilities comparible to Knode!
>>

> I would say that Thunderbird's ability to block an author is BETTER than
> KNode - in Tbird, right-click on the author, select "Create Filter from
> message" and the default setting is delete message if from this sender.
> In Knode you have to muck around with scoring, then make sure all your
> filters don't show posts with that score!

No, just CTRL+L. I use Thunderbird and Horde for E-mail and mailing lists. I
would never use Thunderbird or Mozilla for newsgroups. KNode, on the other
hand, once you know all its features (including viewing filters and
one-stroke accelerators, at least in the older versions) is just perfect. It
took me years to master all the features and make the most out of them.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    make install -not war
  9:00am  up 43 days  9:18,  7 users,  load average: 1.24, 0.71, 0.80