Re: [News] GPL Networking Software Beats Proprietary; Invoices Made Easy in Linux (Also GPL)

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 05 March 2007 22:42 \__

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/productsOfTheYearCategory/0,294802,sid7_tax306257_ayr2007,00.html
>> http://tinyurl.com/2jxbdr
>>

> Umm, looks interesting.  We have HP Openview all over our OSS systems,
> so an open-source alternative could be extremely interesting.

Apparently, free is better. As B Gruff would say, better a wife than a
hooker.

>> Open Source foes like to pretend that Linux cannot handle finance. So
>> here's something to abolish the myth.
>>
>> Make invoices easy with Simple Invoices
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Linux users can choose from several big, bulky financial packages to
>>| manage their finances, but what about consultants and freelancers who
>>| just need to whip out a few basic invoices by the end of the month?
>>| For that niche, Simple Invoices, a Web-based, GPLed invoicing system,
>>| is a winner for folks with a bit of tech savvy.
>> `----
>>
>> http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/02/26/1759209&tid=3&tid=49
>
> Perhaps you might post this onto the OSC list, Roy - there was quite a
> bit of discussion on finance packages recently.

I think it's just one among many _Web-based_ (and thus platform-gnostic)
packages. The big plus is the GPL. As for the Consortium's list, I don't
want to 'noisify' it too much.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Those who can, Open-Source
         run-level 5  Jan 23 00:41                   last=S