Re: Doug's Posts: MS Buying (Not Earning) PR To Sell Cheap Junk

In article <460067ac$0$8370$ec3e2dad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
acdc@xxxxxxx says...

> > Sorry, Win CAN't scale. Google is beating MS to web apps. Linux is
> > steadily, VERY steadily, being adopted everywhere, including HEAVY Gov
> > zones. linux CAN scale hugely.
>
> You are probably the wrong person to ask, but just what do you mean by that?
> Can you define "scaling" and evaluate the need for it as well as the results
> of having or not having it?

Scalability critically includes talking to other computers SECURELY.
Win's ABSURD security record bans it from ANY networking.

ALL Win versions are best left to single user light duty gaming and
personl letter writing. (If you want to pay premium and get locked-in to
write letters)

"Vista's much ballyhoo'd security has already been shattered in various
ways, and Microsoft's One Care, intended to protect Vista from malware,
has scored at the very bottom in independent tests of anti-malware
programs (V2)."

http://aaxnet.com/editor/edit043.html

> > Like I said, Rome owned the world for a little while and then died.
> >
> That is a poor analogy for your case, I would say.  The Roman Empire was
> around for about 500 years, which is longer than I give even Microsoft or
> even the desktop computer for that matter.  It is certainly longer than
> anyone gives me, so mox nix.

Insanely simple. Huge CAN die. Huge Rome died. So will huge MS. Easy when
Linux is eating you alive.

> >> You think there is a race.  I think the race is over and Microsoft won.
> >> Linux was a no show.
> >
> > Of COURSE there is a race, a REVIVED race, and one started LATE by Linux.
> > Dump Windows is becoming a mantra by those requiring decent computing.
> >
> They are hard to find and they are not spending any money.  The combination
> makes for long odds on that happening.

Massive adoption, listed in this newsgroup daily, is the only factor now
that Linux has taken soaking users out of the picture.

> >> Which sector would you consider to be in the Linux win column?  Is there
> >> any
> >> money in that sector?

Simply chart ALL adoptions listed in Roy's HUGE continuing list, and you
will clearly SEE.

> > RED HAT, DOT, ETC ETC and the list goes on and on.
> >
> > Read Roy's posts re Linux adoption. Heavy Duty wave after wave of
> > adoption.
> >
> > It's not something one can stop.
> >
> Well, keep wishing and hoping.

Keep wishing and hoping Win had quality and security.