Re: To Boost Waning Income, MS Will...

__/ [ flyer ] on Tuesday 13 March 2007 06:39 \__

> Roy suggested they will sue people. I can believe that.
>
> It's something MS would do, being scummy bastards. They can't get money
> for their own vista crap so why not go grab other's money. After all they
> steal other's software, so why not grab money the same way. Sort of
> continue the successful action.
>
> I doubt their attempts to patent "Using Computer On Planet" will fly
> well. Cavemen used to count sticks and bones after all.
>
> They could do some more lies with their stock and make it LOOK like they
> have money and that could buy them a few months of life.
>
> I really wonder what they are going to do.

Never mind the stock. They have deep pockets, so they can keep up appearance
for quite some time (see below). But when the products are prone to error
(e.g. Vista's lack of backward compatibility, drivers, bugs, OneCare
deleting people's E-mails) _and_ sell rather poorly, people will get the
message, even investors. Microsoft can buy its own stock for eternity, but
it's akin to a child that's playing with him/helself. Teh lockins are
getting rusty (many importers have become available), so there's a lot of
market share to grab.

___
A Dozen Stocks For '07

,----[ Quote ]
| Millen also thinks $36 billion in planned share buybacks
| will help the (MSFT) stock.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2006/12/05/stocks-markets-investing-pf-ii-cz_ag_1205stockpicks.html?partner=yahootix

Microsoft counts on Vista to recharge stagnant stock

,----[ Quote ]
| There was a time in the 1990s when shares of Microsoft stock seemed to
| double every couple of years. 1996: college for the kids. 1998: a place
| on Whidbey. 1999: early retirement.
|
| Times have changed.
`----

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003437957_vista19.html

That was /before/ Vista was released.

Commentary: Microsoft needs more than just buybacks to lift its shares

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft shares, which have been dormant for the last few years,
| have been looking up over the last couple months. The Dow industrials
| component has gained about 20% since hitting a 4-year low of $21.46 o
| June 13.
|
| To help move things along, Microsoft not only launched a $40 billion
| stock repurchase program that lasts through 2011, the company also said
| its previously announced 4-year, $30 billion stock buyback program was
| completed in just 2 years.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7B685EFB89%2D5791%2D4E8B%2DAD6A%2D9688F5B6012A%7D&source=blq%2Fyhoo&dist=yhoo&siteid=yhoo

Ego-crazed Scoble burns MS bridges

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32466

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: does exactly what it says on the tin
  9:05am  up 1 day 17:08,  8 users,  load average: 0.53, 0.53, 0.36