Re: Open Letter to M$ Trolling Department

  • Subject: Re: Open Letter to M$ Trolling Department
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 06:04:32 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ flyer ] on Thursday 22 March 2007 06:13 \__

> In article <ifednYRoA912kZ_bnZ2dnUVZ_vjinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx says...
>>
>> Dear Sirs,
>>
>> I know Vista is a gigantic bust, so revenue is tight.
>>
>> No parties.
>>
>> No fanfare.
>>
>> No riding in on floats that the Company Meeting.
>>
>> But please, is DFS the best you can afford?  He's a VB6 programmer for
>> chrissake?
>>
>> Us Linux Advocates are like the US Army invading Iraq in tanks and
>> airplanes and having to fight a two guys with a gun mounted on the bed of
>> a Nissan pickup truck.
>
> They're paying them in -- GET THIS -- MS stock!!!!! (bwaheheheheh)
>
> Toilet paper is more valuable.

If the trolls here are not getting paid, they are total suckers who waste
their lives away. All they do is encourage suppression while suppressing
freedom.

I bet some of them have quite a sad story to tell, just like the folks below,
whose business goes away to Open Source companies -- those that put the
/customer/ at the driver's seat, rather than rely on abusive lockin.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=198100689

"Commercial enterprise service bus suppliers, such as Tibco, IBM and Cape
Clear are facing increased competition from such up and coming open source
competitors as MuleSource's Mule or Red Hat's JBoss Enterprise Service Bus
4.0."

The world is moving toward rewarding the customer, rather than punishing the
customer. Cope with it. If you have software, let it loose. Remove the
lockins and make money using the new and alternatives paradigms. Just look
at Google and Red Hat for inspiration. In the former case, you needn't be
100% open. But proprietary bits can /still/ be replaced by ads. Mass
distribution can be made legal, rather than be called 'piracy' and at the
same time encouraged. And remove those lockins. Google isn't loathed by many
because it attempts to remove lockin. It even joined the ODF Alliance more
recently, while Microsoft probably pulled a few strings (and withdrew from
the bank) to manipulate politics, consortia, and loud member of the public
(the OOXML tale).

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Open minds, open source
Tasks: 115 total,   1 running, 112 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie