Re: [News] Microsoft Confirms Xbox Live Accounts Are Being Stolen

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Wednesday 21 March 2007 12:28 \__

> __/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Sunday 18 March 2007 17:13 \__
>
>> [Full-disclosure] Xbox live accounts are being stolen
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I just got off the phone with a Microsoft Tech for Xbox live that has
>> | confirmed this to with me and they have stated that accounts are
>> | being stolen and that "Hackers have control of Xbox live and there is
>> | nothing we can do about it"
>> `----
>>
>> http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2007-March/053032.html
>
> Someone/s said that it's not a reliable source. But now ZDNet appears to be
> covering it, which gives this credibility.

Update: Microsoft began investigating. Some sources say that Microsoft denies
while another source says that they blame 'social engineering'. Of course,
the latter is an excuse, not an explanation. If true, it means they did not
type down or draw a model of security. Very typical and similar to Windows,
which was built progressively and then given Web access as an 'umbilical
cord', rather than be designed properly from the ground up.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: penguins are the greatest birds
roy      pts/2                         Thu Mar 22 15:26   still logged in