Re: [News] Mockup of a Simplified Beryl Settings Manager

  • Subject: Re: [News] Mockup of a Simplified Beryl Settings Manager
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:23:51 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 21 March 2007 12:59 \__

>> Creating a Sane Beryl Settings Manager
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| As with everything in life, usually the simplest or middle ground
>>| solutions are the best. I take that same point of view in technology
>>| too, so hopefully others will agree with me too.
>> `----
>>
>> http://osnews.com/story.php/17520/Creating-a-Sane-Beryl-Settings-Manager/
>>

> I managed to get Beryl running on one of my debian boxes, although
> nothing beyond the 3D cube thingy.  It looks kind of impressive, though,
> and I'm looking forward to debian packages appearing in the mainstream
> repositories.

I don't think I would use this. Some graphics cards cost as much as a PC. I
have an ATI at work, but I don't make use of it. I used to play some ET
though... very, very addictive.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Holey (sic) Cow! Longhorn is full of holes...
  2:20pm  up 9 days 22:23,  8 users,  load average: 0.23, 0.20, 0.31