Re: [News] Yahoo Among the Few That Took Oracle's Linux Support

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Wednesday 21 March 2007 11:59 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Larry Ellison: Oracle replaced Red Hat support at Yahoo
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Notably, Ellison said Oracle replaced Red Hat for Linux support at
>> | Yahoo. Oracle's Linux support, which is aimed at undercutting Red Hat,
>> | is off to a solid start with Dell and others reselling service. Ellison
>> | also noted that Oracle has sold some large enterprise contracts.
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=4688
>>

> They will be more as the current 1, 2 and three year contracts come up for
> renewal.
>
> I know this is an area we disagree on Roy, but I really think that even in
> the short time that Oracle came into the picture they have forced Redhat to
> stop sitting on their thumbs and get back out there and see what people
> want. Plus of cause, Oracle may well end up giving a much better overall
> service than Redhat could possibly manage. I really do not see Oracle as a
> Linux enemy, we can not hold on to companies that reach the top then just
> sit on their money piles, as Redhat did. Competition has woken them up, I
> am sure the market place is large enough for more than one Linux support
> company.

Yes, I'm beginning to accept this. You know and understand that stuff /far/
better than me.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz \ Spread Mozilla Firefox. http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
roy      pts/5                         Tue Mar 20 02:58 - 02:58  (00:00)