[News] [Linux] Review of Mandriva (with Metisse), Customising Mandriva 2007.1 to Perfection

Mandriva 2007 Spring packs a punch

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva also had no trouble detecting and configuring an ATI Radeon
| graphics card, as well as a 19-inch wide-screen 1440x900 LCD monitor.
| All USB pen drives, cameras, mice, keyboards, and cheap PS2-to-USB
| converters I threw at it also worked.
`----

http://distrocenter.linux.com/distrocenter/07/05/03/1756213.shtml?tid=109

The Perfect Desktop - Mandriva 2007 Spring Free (Mandriva 2007.1)

,----[ Quote ]
| To fully replace a Windows desktop, I want the Mandriva 2007
| Spring Free desktop to have the following software installed...
`----

http://www.howtoforge.com/the_perfect_desktop_mandriva_2007_spring_free

Related:

Mandriva Spring - Beautiful Change of Season

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all I'd say it's a fairly typical Mandriva release. It
| features improved looks and added features, but it is released
| with a few issues. I don't think many of the problems are of
| major importance for the average user, but for myself, I won't
| be using Mandriva without wireless support.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070430#feature

Mandriva 2007 Spring released, looking forward to 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Some things which I have on my wishlist for Mandriva 2008...
`----

http://artipc10.vub.ac.be/serendipity/archives/18-Mandriva-2007-Spring-released,-looking-forward-to-2008.html

Metisse on GNU/Linux demo

,----[ Quote ]
| A demo of Metisse, an X-based window system designed with two goals in
| mind: make it easy to design and implement innovative window
| management techniques and conform to existing standards and be
| robust and efficient enough to be used on a daily basis, making
| it a suitable platform for the evaluation of the proposed techniques
`----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxsUKX6xXyE

This one is similar to Spaces in Mac OS X:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT89IOci5FA&NR

Here it is with some UI innovation:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gp8GzKwBdsg