[News] [Linux] Gradual Move from People's Windows to Linux Partition

Why Ubuntu is Better Than Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| At first I thought it would only be a matter of time before I had to
| jump to Windows to use some software that would only work on Windows.
| Well, that hasn't happened yet. Anything Windows can do Ubuntu can
| do quicker, better, and faster.
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft has a stranglehold on the market and most people just use
| Windows because its what they use first and never want to leave it.
`----

http://mikerouse.blogspot.com/2007/04/why-ubuntu-is-better-than-windows.html

Got XP and Ubuntu Linux Dual Booting

,----[ Quote ]
| After using it a bit today I can say without doubt that Ubuntu is faster
| than XP but like trying linux in the past it just doesn't feel as
| polished (GUI wise) as Windows or Mac OSX. That said, I'm really
| impressed with this version. Just like a mac or pc, everything
| worked. All my hardware was auto detected and setup for me. I
| have a Dell Dimension 5150 desktop and an ATI Radeon video
| card and everything works great. There are also some pretty
| slick apps for Gnome (the default deskop for Ubuntu).
`----

http://www.chrispian.com/item/451

Who are the Linux desktop users?

,----[ Quote ]
| When they're not using openSUSE, which just more than half (50.9
| percent) do as their main operating system, the people surveyed
| say that Windows is still the operating system they use the most
| (31.6 percent).

This says a lot about Web statstics, which fail to properly count
dual-booting users.