[News] [Linux] Reviews: openSUSE (10.3 Alpha), MEPIS, Minix

openSUSE 10.3 alpha 4 report

,----[ Quote ]
| openSUSE 10.3 alpha 4 was released a couple of days ago and I've
| been in testing mode. This release doesn't bring any new eye candy,
| but there are a few changes under the hood. As with the last, a
| lot of sites picked up on this release indicating that interest
| is ever increasing.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/16484

SimplyMEPIS 6.5

,----[ Quote ]
| Mepis will probably appeal to the same kinds of people who like
| Ubuntu or Kubuntu. That's not surprising, since as of version 6
| (if memory serves) they're using Ubuntu as the backend for this
| distribution.
`----

http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/mepis65.htm

Minix 3.1.3

,----[ Quote ]
| This isn't Ubuntu Linux, or even Linux at all, and it shows. That's
| not necessarily a bad thing, but you need to know what you're
| getting into.
`----

http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/minix313.htm

Related:

Take Ubuntu for a non-invasive test drive with Wubi

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows only: Wubi is a Windows-based Ubuntu Linux installer that
| lets you run the OS on your Windows XP box--no partitions,
| bootloaders or Live CDs required.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/software/featured-windows-download/take-ubuntu-for-a-non+invasive-test-drive-with-wubi-258936.php

Install Linux, From Windows