[News] [Linux] A Look at Elisa Media Center, Ardour

Elisa [Short Introduction]

,----[ Quote ]
| With the recent announcement of Ubuntu forming a Media Center team
| focusing on Elisa as it?s media center platform, I took another
| look at Elisa as a potential solution for my home theater PC.
`----

http://www.silwenae.org/blog/?p=742

Ardour 2.0 : A Brief Practical Introduction

,----[ Quote ]
| Ardour is a very popular Linux audio application. Ardour empowers
| a new generation of digital audio recordists. It rivals expensive
| and proprietary programs available only for specific hardware
| platforms, and it remains open-source and freely available
| software. Its expanding community of users and developers is
| lively and helpful, and many of the program's features have
| evolved from discussions and debates held on Ardour's mail-lists
| and IRC chat channels. Maintaining a project of Ardour's scope is
| no mean feat, and chief architect Paul Davis is justly respected
| as much for his team management prowess as for his coding skills.
| The project is an especially successful example of "distributed
| development with benevolent dictatorship", much like Linux itself.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000224

Related:

Review: Elisa media center

,----[ Quote ]
| Fluendo's Elisa is a free software media center application that can
| play your DVDs, video files, music, and pictures. Since it is designed
| for extensibility, Elisa has the potential to do much more. It does
| not handle television or video recording functions, but it is a
| slick and promising project.
`----

http://servers.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/05/04/1955225

[Ardour] 2.0 released for OS X and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ardour.org/node/895