Re: [News] [Linux] Chucky Cheese Powered by the Penguin

> Chucky Cheese Runs Linux!

[ deletion of various cool embedded Linux stories ... ]

I'm sure the Windows fans are prone to shrug when they see these
stories and say 'yeah, but what effect does that have on the
desktop?'... my answer is, 'plenty'.  Server and embedded growth
is driving an ever increasing pool of Linux professionals.  People
who previously worked in Unix or Windows are finding themselves
working in Linux environments and then carrying that knowledge with
them when they move on.  These are the people that are driving the
technology decisions of tomorrow.  These are the people that
introduce Linux to occasional home user that needs a malware free
net surfing station, that volunteer and set up a Linux lab at the
local school or install it on donated PCs at the library.  They
add to the growing number of people demanding Linux pre-loaded at
OEMs like Dell.

The desktop may be the last and largest niche to go, but when every
other technology sector has been absorbed, it becomes nearly
inevitable.  Its a slow process, but nearly impossible to stop
once it gets started.

Cheers,

Thad