[News] [Linux] More Extensive Use of Linux in Berlin is Demanded

Berlin's IT industry demands open systems

,----[ Quote ]
| IT industry association SIBB is accusing Berlin's state senate of
| returning to the "computer Stone Age" with its IT strategy, which
| the association says does not support Open Source enough, thereby
| endangering local jobs.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/90026/from/rss09

Related:

German government plans to use open document formats in its administration

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition, the German government says that its "Advancing
| eGovernment" conference held at the end of February in Berlin
| also provided impetus for greater use of open standards in
| information technology both in industry and in public administration.
| As a result of this conference, the German government plans to
| implement open document formats in its administration.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/89135/from/rss09

German parliament plans to pursue open source strategy further

,----[ Quote ]
| The administration behind the Bundestag has reacted to criticism from
| the Linux Association concerning the call for tenders for an IT
| project.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/88796

Berlin Tube + Ubuntu = Über Tube [Photo]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/909