Re: [News] Documents Revealed Which Show WIntel's Sabotage of $100 Laptop Project

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Monday 21 May 2007 23:50 \__

>> More on the BBC now.

> They've even dropped the price of the "Classmate PC" to £200, which must
> surely be selling at a deliberate loss, just to ensure the OLPC project
> fails. Last time I heard, the Classmate was priced at $400, now all of a
> sudden it's half price, with the OLPC deadline only days away.
>
> Evil bastards.

$3 Windows. Titans use their pockets to eliminate any possible competition,
which cannot bear losses. It's the equivalent of suppressive totalitarian
regimes that jail or assassinate opposition. That's predatory. AMD lost some
employees recently. Mandriva sacks a few as well. Will governments regulate
in some form? That's unlikely. When a company becomes wealthy, the
government gets tied to it as well.

There are many other stories which show that Intel is scum, just like
Microsoft. The 'missing' E-mails are a nice example of how the top
executives are involved as well.

I'll still attend my sister's wedding in September... she marries a guy who
works for Intel, but he's an innocent cogwheel. To use a word that I quite
like (see below), the sh*theads are usually at the top. The investors
couldn't care less about ethics.

,----[ Quote ]
| Wow, this is absolutely devastating!  As near as I can tell, the poor
| guy at Microsoft has been trying to support open standards against
| management.  He doesn't say much about the history, i.e. the fact that
| Microsoft didn't do anything with IE until they were recently forced to
| by Firefox competition.   The feedback is amazing.  Example:
|
| Quote:
| -------------
| So if you believe that the reason for IE's lack of standards support is
| something other than malice of forethought to strangle other browsers,
| you are wrong. If you have followed the anti-trust trial you would have
| seen the actual evidence for these decisions. Microsoft is an
| anti-competitive company run by unethical shitheads.
|
| This won't change until the workforce is slashed and the entire company
| culture changes. Steve Ballmer is the king of the shitheads, so when he
| goes things might get better. But until then, expect MS to only do the
| absolute minimum to defuse the worst criticism. Remember my words:
| unethical shitheads.
| -------------
| End quote
|
| Erik cited this same guy's blog a few days ago to support the notion
| that Microsoft is dedicated to standards compliance and is doing the
| reasonable thing (I think that's why he cited it).  The way this story
| has developed, it shows exactly the opposite, and is very revealing
| about sentiments out there in the developer world.
`----

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/cc1ad063dcc0400d

Companies like Microsoft give capitalism a very bad reputation. They have
crossed the line and led to something that's akin to totality.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
Mem:    514480k total,   486916k used,    27564k free,    11592k buffers