Re: OSS fixes are timely

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
High Plains Thumper on Tuesday:

Yes, they are getting rather effectiveless, aren't they.
Their fire is lost, they are all goners.  (Or they tried it
to their master's disobedience, and found that it really
works, and works well, despite all the FUD.)

Maybe that's why 'tab' left the newsgroup. Maybe he installed
Linux last year, if only just to see that it works pretty
well. Maybe.

In any event, ridiculing something passionately is hard,
despite fear, when defeat seems inevitable. Two anti-Linux
propaganda leaders have left Microsoft in about a year: Martin
Taylor, Bill Hilf. Both are scummy people because they were
willing to spearhead dishonest propaganda and the latter even
engaged in so-called 'patent terrorism'. Both are gone now.
The Linux FUD campaign is temporarily 'headless' at Microsoft,
I suppose. The 'Linux labs' (Port 25) have sunk to new lows
and people around the OSI are beginning to see what Microsoft
is /really/ up to (Trojan horse).

What I find amusing is to advocate, one only need to post the truth. It takes the wind out of the sail of the trolls.

What is expressed in the Internet is only a fraction of what goes on in real life. There are those who adopt Linux ever so quietly, to them there is no need to let the world know. So when one posts a success story, it is representative of others who have done the same but not posted.

Personally I have been looking at Linux emulators to run Microsoft programs in. Things are a little hectic for me now, but I hope to migrated to Linux completely after the New Year.

I've located a Ubuntu distro that has been modified for doing real time music work. Obtain a low cost bare bones 64-bit system and I should be in business. Also I'm considering X-10 control with Linux.

For a while I was using Ulead Photo-Impact 4.3. It is an older version but still full featured. After giving Gimp a spin, I have been able to make it work just like Ulead. Then have done a nice job with it.

I even have Autodesk Autosketch 5. Even though there are later versions, for doing small drawings, it can't be beat. One does not need to give up older software, just because of the "Wow" factor. Why do I need to spend $120 US when this package works fine for diagrams, and can save into an AutoCad version?

--
HPT