Re: [News] [Rival] CNET Puts Windows Vista Among All-time Worst Products

[H]omer wrote:

>> Vista makes the list as one of the top-10 worst consumer tech
>> products of all time
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Pretty bad. But top ten of all time? That's mighty impressive.
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9823042-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad
>
> It even beat WinME to the cut, which is bad enough, but to appear on the
> same list as the Sinclair C5 must be a brutal humiliation.

Hehe.  Fabulous.  However, I'd put a different spin on the "consumers
demanded to downgrade" issue.  The real issue, IMO, is Micro$oft "force it
down their throats" philosophy.

It's simply inexplicable that they can just say to their OEM customers
"starting on this date, you will only sell the brand-new OS".  Consumers
should be given a choice, over some phase-in period, *obviously*.  The
brand-new OS is NOT going to be the best product, for large segments of
the market, *obviously*.