[News] Latest Linux Mint Reviewed, Ubuntu Linux Passes the 'Wife Test'

  • Subject: [News] Latest Linux Mint Reviewed, Ubuntu Linux Passes the 'Wife Test'
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:25:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux Mint 4.0 "Daryna" - English

,----[ Quote ]
| Clement Lefebvre is a very important Linux distribution developer and his
| enthusiasm showed in his job, resulting in the wonderful Linux distro called
| Linux Mint that been rised to 4.0 version in last week.
| I have been download that distro version and i'm going to write a short
| review on them.
`----

http://it.linux.wikia.com/wiki/En-daryna

Ubuntu derivative.

Me and My Wife’s View on Ubuntu 7.10

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu is highly regarded as the most human-friendly, idiot-proof, and
| easy-to-use Linux desktop operating system ever. Its straightforward
| installation and maintenance, paired with its outstanding reliability and
| hardware support made it popular among new-to-Linux users as well as experts.
| But has Ubuntu really succeeded in winning the hearts of mainstream
| audiences?
|
| My only way in finding out is to ask my wife, one of the many typical Linux
| users.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/11/me-and-my-wifes-view-on-ubuntu-710.html

Related:

Alternative GUIs: SymphonyOS

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm looking forward to SymphonyOS' continued success and development.
| It's an innovative and novel concept.
|
| On a personal level, it passed the "wife test" -- she praised
| its ease-of-use.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/17107

Ubuntu Sharing on a Saturday Morning!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Beauty of it lies where there are no preconceptions or judgement
| passed on Ubuntu. she just uses it. there is no comparing... or
| complaining about not having support. She is only 5 and she can
| use linux... in fact my wife has failed to find an alternative on
| other operating systems that can attract my daughter.
`----

http://effiejayx.wordpress.com/2007/06/09/ubuntu-sharing-on-a-saturday-morning/

Linux Jeolousy: My Wife Switched to Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.patchshorts.com/node/6