[News] Vista Learning Curve Steeper Than Linux Learning Curve

  • Subject: [News] Vista Learning Curve Steeper Than Linux Learning Curve
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 00:41:45 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Vistification - a temporoary drive to Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Rupert's just said again what I've been hearing in various places:
| Vista's awkwardness is going to drive people to Linux.
|
| That's something I heard when Specavers moved to Linux. They'd been thinking
| about moving before, but there was always a barrier - the cost of retraining.
|
| Vista is gratuitously different from Windows XP. So different that it will
| take as much retraining (Vistification?) to get a user started on Vista, as
| it would to get them shifted to Linux. On Rupert's experience, probably more.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10006251o-2000469549b,00.htm

The same goes for MSO07 and OOo.

Related:

Bold Redesign Improves Office 2007 But Learning Curve May Be Too Steep for
Some Users

,----[ Quote ]
| "it requires a steep learning curve that many people might rather avoid.
| In my own tests, I was cursing the program for weeks"

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB116786111022966326-T8UUTIl2b10DaW11usf4NasZTYI_20080103.html

Partners Fix Up Office 2007 and Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/channel/partners_fix_up_office_2007_and_windows_vista.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535