[News] New Chinese Linux Distribution Released for 64-bit Platforms

  • Subject: [News] New Chinese Linux Distribution Released for 64-bit Platforms
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 00:39:13 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
64位的slack:Slamd64 Linux 12.0发布

,----[ Quote ]
| Slamd64是一份Slackware Linux到x86_64架构的非正式的移植发行。
| Fred Emmott has announced the release of Slamd64 Linux 12.0, an unofficial
| port of Slackware Linux 12.0 to the AMD64 architecture: "Slamd64 12.0 is
| released, the latest result of nearly two and a half years of development.
`----

http://www.lupaworld.com/viewnews_28512.html

Related:

Linux gains ground in China

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux has been riding on a wave in China, topping the growth of all operating
| systems in the first quarter of 2007, says an industry analyst.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/insight/specialreports/0,39044853,62028679,00.htm

Red Hat sees FY07 greater China sales up 100 pct

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Inc., a distributor of open-source Linux software, expects its
| sales in the greater China region to double in fiscal 2007 and grow by
| 85 percent in fiscal 2008, an executive said on Tuesday. "Our plan is to
| have 100 percent growth this year, and 85 percent growth next year,"
| Michael Chen, general manager of Red Hat China, told Reuters in an
| interview.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060926:MTFH04213_2006-09-26_06-26-12_SHA306441&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/rdrsg

Dell launches low-cost PC in China

,----[ Quote ]
| Another PC the company is offering at a special price runs Linux.
|
| [...]
|
| The company is also offering a slightly higher priced desktop, the
| Dell Dimension C51-n, with an Athlon64 3200 microprocessor from
| Advanced Micro Devices, a Linux OS, and a 17-inch LCD (liquid
| crystal display) monitor. The company is offering a special price
| on the system, 3,999 renminbi.
|
| The company does not say what version of Linux is on the PC. A
| Dell spokesperson could not be reached for comment.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/03/21/HNdelllowcostpcchina_1.html

China to produce $125 [Linux] PC

,----[ Quote ]
| A Chinese outfit is hoping to release a PC which will hit the shops with a
| price tag of $125.

Ubuntu's official launch in China

,----[ Quote ]
`----