Re: [News] [Rival] Another Microsoft Bully in Government Exposed

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 06:56:46 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Kier on Saturday 08 September 2007 06:46 : \____
>
>>> You also called Rex a nutter. I took offence in this.
>>
>> Because he is a nutter. Sad, but true.
>
> Taking things out of context and conversing with the trolls is a path for a
> distorted interpretation and point of view. For all I know, some people out
> there might actually think that I had a radical surgery or got beaten up by
> policemen in some gay night club. The trolls lie. They plant lies and they try

No sensible person is going to believe that. I certainly don't, and I'll
think you find no one else of any decency does either.

> to use extrapolation as an excuse or method. They resorts to slander in order
> to discredit people and hurt their reputation. It happend outside COLA as
> well. Take PJ for example. The O'Gara incident was only one among many. It
> carries on today.
>
> If you continue to flirt with and echo the trolls' words, then I won't have
> much interest in your messages because they won't be credible.

Look, Roy, you've got to start thinking for yourself, instead of following
this line. I say Rex is nuts not because DFS does, I say it because he
*is* nuts. Or at least he gives a damn good impression. That's why I say
you should take a more balanced view. If even half what Rex said was
remotely true he'd be the richest and most famous man in the world. He
isn't.

Giving himself unwarranted credit for many of the computer industry's
technologies is not honest, or credible.

The fact of being a Linux advocate doesn't automatically convey virtue,,
or honesty. In fact, if a Linux advocate is dishonest, it's worse, because
it brings discredit on the whole of Linux.

> You know, some ordinary folks out there insist and even argue with their
> friends (me included) because they are certain there's no global warming.

Well, I wouldn't be one of 'em. It's pretty obvious there's something
serious happening to the world's climate, whether or not it's directly
caused by Man (and I'm sure we have a good deal to do with it). Those that
disbelieve are entitled to their opinion, though, however wrong it may be.

--
Kier