Re: [News] [Rival] OOXML Seems to be Dying in ISO (Too Many "No" Votes)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 04 September 2007 14:32 : \____

>>> The press is behind (slow), as usual, and does the marketing thing
>>> for Microsoft...
>>>
>>> http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/09/03/business/msft.php
>>
>> "Amid lobbying, Microsoft is seen winning an international open standard
>> vote"
>>
>> Nice spin.
>>
>> s/bribing/lobbying/;s/losing/winning/
>>
>> It's like their articles are being written by spam-bots, not journos.
>
> In Digg, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and said that he's totally
> out of touch/date. Pieter and Andy have the latest from the ISO. It's
> looking bad. ISO doesn't want to shoot itself in the foot. It saw what
> happened. So did ESR (in the OSI).
>
> I still refuse to use the word lobbying because it's a very gentle term
> that describes something brutal and dishonest.

Well, their attempt at fast-tracking OOXML have not succeeded

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070904-iso-votes-against-fast-tracking-microsofts-office-open-xml.html

--
Computers are like air conditioners -
they stop working properly when you open Windows