Re: [News] [Rival] OOXML Seems to be Dying in ISO (Too Many "No" Votes)

____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 04 September 2007 14:32 : \____

>> The press is behind (slow), as usual, and does the marketing thing
>> for Microsoft...
>>
>> http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/09/03/business/msft.php
>
> "Amid lobbying, Microsoft is seen winning an international open standard
> vote"
>
> Nice spin.
>
> s/bribing/lobbying/;s/losing/winning/
>
> It's like their articles are being written by spam-bots, not journos.

In Digg, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and said that he's totally out of
touch/date. Pieter and Andy have the latest from the ISO. It's looking bad.
ISO doesn't want to shoot itself in the foot. It saw what happened. So did ESR
(in the OSI).

I still refuse to use the word lobbying because it's a very gentle term that
describes something brutal and dishonest.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Here be hills, there be dragons!
 16:00:01 up 28 days, 18:53,  6 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.45, 0.87