[News] [Rival] Microsoft Accused of Bullying and Bribery, Company Has No Comment

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Accused of Bullying and Bribery, Company Has No Comment
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 02:49:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft Allegedly Bullies and Bribes to Make Office an International Standard

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft did not respond to several calls requesting comment.
`----

http://www.wired.com/software/coolapps/news/2007/08/ooxml_vote

That sums it all up. If it could make a decent spec using its manpower and have
it accepted, that's one thing. But Microsoft is aware that it's a bully on the
loose. I think Richard mentioned these:

Apple’s Keynote ‘08 Delivers Simple Sophistication

,----[ Quote ]
| “Keynote will open and export to Office’s Powerpoint file formats, as with
| every non-Microsoft consumer of Office’s formats that eWEEK Labs has tested
| certain formatting inconsistencies seem impossible to avoid.”

Once More unto the Breach: Office Open XML Conformance (A Lesson in Claiming

,----[ Quote ]
| Stephe Walli further demonstrates why the partial Apple implementation of
| OOXML is even more partial than we thought.
`----

http://stephesblog.blogs.com/my_weblog/2007/08/office-open-xml.html

Related:

State by state, Microsoft responds to creeping threat

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/state-state-microsoft-responds-assault/story.aspx?guid=%7BC0D943C4%2D4ADC%2D471C%2D8F87%2D9181A4EC3E7B%7D&siteid=yhoof
http://tinyurl.com/2akafj

`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9012760&source=rss_news50

,----[ Quote ]
|    Quinn:  Almost to a person, to anybody involved or who knows about
|    the ODF issue, they attributed the story to Microsoft, right, wrong
|    or otherwise. Senator Pacheco may be a bully but I do not believe he
|    is disingenious and would stoop to such a tactic. Senator Pacheco and
|    Secretary Galvin's office remain very heavily influenced by the
|    Microsoft money and its lobbyist machine, as witnessed by their
|    playbook and words, in my opinion.

MA Governor-Elect Names MS Anti-ODF Lobbyist to Technology Advisory Group

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20061128161343183