Re: Microsoft kill autopatcher, lots more windows users consider alternatives

On Friday 31 Aug 2007 22:32 Roy Schestowitz licked a pencil and jotted:

> ____/ Baldylocks-Ubuntu on Friday 31 August 2007 16:28 : \____
>
>> Looks like the the morons at Microsoft have shot themselves in the foot
>> again.
>>
>> For those of us that have to look after family and friends' creaking,
>> groaning Windows boxes Autopatcher was a godsend.
>>
>> Lots of comments on there about this being the last straw and people
>> ditching M$ cr@pware for Linux or Mac.
>>
>> For many people on slow or limited connections Autopatcher was their best
>> way for keeping up to date, hell it's about the only way to get a new
>> install online without leaving it wide open to attack during the hours of
>> updates when updating online.
>>
>> http://www.autopatcher.com/134
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/30/autopatcher/comments/
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/30/autopatcher/
>>

>> David
>
> Watch the following and watch the vanity:
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9590_22-6204980.html
>
> Microsoft has decided that those who brought it where it is today
> (DEVELO~1) are no longer needed and they can be kicked for their effort.
>
> Another recent example:
>
> Longhorn Reloaded killed by Microsoft
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | It's a bit disgusting as Microsoft has sent their lawyers just after
> | they finished a "release", so all the work is done for nothing.
> `----

http://avarus.com.ar/blog/2007/06/10/longhorn-reloaded-is-dead-as-expected/

LMFAO  "Shanen Boettcher, a general manager in the Windows unit."

Boettcher, you couldn't make it up. Someone tell me that is pronounced
Botcher. :)

Welcome to Botcher, Bodget and Scarper's Software Emporium, formally known
as Microsoft Corp.

David
--
Knowledge is of two kinds: we know a subject ourselves, or we know where we
can find information upon it. (Samuel Johnson)