Re: [News] A Vista 'Forced Upgrade' Conspiracy and More DST Woes Ahead

____/ 7 on Sunday 16 September 2007 09:44 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft's plans for XP
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | In yet another conspiracist theory, I explain how Microsoft plans to
>> | phase out XP and force upgrades to Vista.
>> `----
>>
>> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/92724/index.html
>>
>> More screwups ahead?
>>
>> Microsoft preps customers early in hopes of avoiding DST fallout
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=718
>

> Forced upgrades are an anti-trust issue to be levelled against
> any monopoly. They can and should because they are a monopoly be
> forced to open source their unsupported products if they
> want to drop full support for software in a time frame any
> less than 20 years (like with standard gov contracts).

Yes, someone in government is looking into this. They also try to use the BBC
now.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
         run-level 2  2007-09-10 01:53                   last=