Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

>| "Some years back, Microsoft practiced a lot of dirty tricks using
>| online mavens to go into forums and create Web sites extolling the virtues
>| of Windows over OS/2. They were dubbed the Microsoft Munchkins...
>
> http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/gizmos/2005/11/2_grassroots_an.html
>
>| "Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated with mental
>| deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2."
>| Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever. Make
>| the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the mythology of
>| the computer industry...
>
> -- Microsoft, internal document
> http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

Just wanted to emphasize the class of marketers we're dealing with.

Amoral and predatory, just as intimated by Robert Bork and Kenneth
Starr.

--
Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the
coffee shop and go to jobs.