Re: NEWHAM scraps MS MOU ..

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 23 April 2008 07:27 : \____

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/04/18/microsoft-flagship-flounders

>>> What's amazing is that a publicly funded body can use Vendor funding to
>>> prove that the same Vendor is the best, most cost effective option.
>>>
>>> Surely the council's own auditors would find that most unsatisfactory?
>>> In fact, I would think that the National Audit Office, under the highly
>>> competent Comptroller and Auditor General, one Mr Tim Burr, would be
>>> *very* interested in this activity.  The NAO page is here:
>>> http://www.nao.org.uk/ if anyone fancies mentioning this to them.
>>>
>>> Of course, they might say that it's local government, and not their
>>> concern, but as most local government money comes from central
>>> government anyway, I think they'd like to see just how much is lining
>>> the pockets of Microsoft for this "independent" study.
>>
>> Microsoft:
>>
>> "Working behind the scenes to orchestrate "independent" praise of our
>> technology, and damnation of the enemy's, is a key evangelism function
>> during the Slog. "Independent" analyst's report should be issued, praising
>> your technology and damning the competitors (or ignoring them).
>> "Independent" consultants should write columns and articles, give conference
>> presentations and moderate stacked panels, all on our behalf (and setting
>> them up as experts in the new technology, available for just $200/hour).
>> "Independent" academic sources should be cultivated and quoted (and research
>> money granted). "Independent" courseware providers should start profiting
>> from their early involvement in our technology. Every possible source of
>> leverage should be sought and turned to our advantage."
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20071023002351958
>>
>> Lots of actual incidents exist where Microsoft was caught hiding
>> sponsorships. Microsoft is simply corrupt. There's no gentler way to put it
>> and more people have got to accept it as a fact by now.
>>

> Actually, even now, there is an amazing number of people who truly
> believe that they can "forgive and forget", naively assuming that
> Microsoft will mend its ways if we only give them a chance.

Oh, no... it's worth than ever. IDC flogging virtualisation in the press just
moments ago in the press. It's absolutely appalling. It's like a full frontal
assult on people's mind. The EC is hopefully watching this.

"One smaller motivation which, in part, stems from altruism is
Microsoft-bashing."
                --Vinod Valloppillil, Microsoft
Swap:  1510068k total,   734464k used,   775604k free,    56852k cached