Re: [News] KDE 4 Series Sets the Standard, Artwork Demo

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 01 Aug 2008 20:05:38 +0000
<1919399.jo6zW4szEJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> KDE 4.1: Better Than Any Mac Or Vista
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | For KDE 4 series, it is just the beginning of the journey, currently it is
> | for those users who want to use bleeding edge technology or experience, but
> | we hope soon KDE 4 series will take on the world.
> `----
>
> http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/fcreative.asp?edid=27844

Define "better".  Microsoft generates far more revenue.
Apple is more integrated.  The above article isn't horribly
illuminating, though it does contain some nice pics.

> Going wild with KDE 4.1 themes.
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | whiteish theme Now KDE 4.1 is out, I've played around a bit with different
> | themes. I've installed the KDE artwork package, and a couple of themes via
> | GetHotNewStuff. KDE's coloring system has seen quite a lot of love, as has
> | Plasma's theming engine. The results are quite impressive, as you can see in
> | the screenshots.
> `----
>
> http://vizzzion.org/?blogentry=824

Not bad, from a visual standpoint.

> Recent:
>
> KDE 4.1 - Wow!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | So I downloaded it to work alongside KDE 3.5 and wow, is it awesome! It's
> | almost like an entirely different program, making my darling Ubuntu Gnome
> | desktop look a little boring itself. I may even do a fresh install of Kubuntu
> | in this partition with KDE 4, then upgrade to KDE 4.1. In any case, I'm sure
> | I'll report back with more to say!
> `----
>
> http://sharplinux.blogspot.com/2008/07/kde-4-wow.html

It's a bad start when the blogger gets excited about a *background*.
Apart from the bottom bar, that's all he's showing.  Granted,
it's a nice background.

[rest snipped]

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #889123:
std::vector<...> v; for(int i = 0; i < v.size(); i++) v.erase(v.begin() + i);