Fairness in marketing

chrisv wrote:

>One problem is that it's likely not possible to legislate some of
>these finer points of what is "fair", or what is a "recommendation",
>or what is "obviously" a paid advertisement.  Any attempt would result
>in vague and unenforceable laws, I'm afraid.

One thing that comes to mind is the "Monster cable" scam.  This is an
organized scam that takes consumers for $millions each year.  People
go to stores and have salesmen LIE to their face about the "night and
day" benefits of using expensive cables for one's audio and video.

Should these asshole bes sued?  Arrested?  Taken-out and shot?

Maybe all three, but I don't see anyone doing anything about it...