Re: Proposal: What if We Started Flagging Non-SPAM Threads (Posts)?

____/ Tonnie Lubbers on Thursday 31 January 2008 16:08 : \____

> spammer schreef:
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Here is a thought. Since like 80% of the threads here are most clearly
>>> SPAM, what if we did the reverse of SPAM flagging and preceded our subject
>>> lines by something like [AISE]? Most spammers are hit-and-runners, so they
>>> won't get the trick around it. Think of it as white flagging that helps
>>> separate ham
>>>from spam.
>>
>> udp / filter / drop / score -9999
>>
>>     message-id: <containing> *googlegroups*
>>     references: <containing> *googlegroups*
>>

>>   so easy, a caveman could do it.
>
> A caveman doesn't understand that there is more ...

Yes, grey-flagging/listing is better, but it still leaves burden and clutter.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
Cpu(s): 25.8%us,  4.1%sy,  1.0%ni, 65.2%id,  3.4%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st