[News] KDE Sebastian Kugler Speaks, Plasma Options Improved

  • Subject: [News] KDE Sebastian Kugler Speaks, Plasma Options Improved
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 08:47:38 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[Interview with KDE's Sebastian Kugler]

,----[ Quote ]
| The most obvious is helping people installing KDE, answering questions on
| forums, IRC and other media. Lately, we're getting also an increased amount
| of requests for speakers. Often local LUGs are interested in talks by KDE
| knowledgeable people. It might sound a bit scary, representing KDE in your
| local LUG, but it's really what KDE is about.
`----

http://www.linuxtechdaily.com/2008/02/kde-4-developers-an-interview-with-sebastian-kugler/

Plasma's panel is now resizable, interviewed.

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday, Sebastian Sauer commited some changes to the Plasma panel that
| make it possible to resize it.
`----

http://vizzzion.org/?blogentry=806

A good platform migration tool in progress:

KDE Windows Installer 0.8.5 Screenshots

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=KDE%20Windows%20Installer%200.8.5

Related:

Goodbye Vista, KDE 4.0 Has Arrived!

,----[ Quote ]
| There are only few people who know that if you look out of your 'Windows',
| the world is much more vivid and beautiful. Apple is known for its good
| looks, but it’s excessively expensive, while Vista is a big disappointment
| (check Tech Cold War 2007!). Now, there is GNU/Linux which, in fact, is free
| and offers much more options and freedom than Windows or Mac. One of the most
| popular desktop environments on GNU/Linux platform has come out in a new
| flavour - KDE 4.0.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/24071/news.htm

KDE 4 Brings Improvements Galore to the Linux Desktop

,----[ Quote ]

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/01/kde-4-brings-im.html