Re: DRM one of reasons for Blu-Ray win

____/ Linonut on Wednesday 20 February 2008 12:36 : \____

>> ____/ RonB on Wednesday 20 February 2008 06:37 : \____

>> Once again the Microsoft shill, Tim Smith, advocates DVD on behalf of a
>> company that admittedly loves it so much.
>
> Roy!  Snap out of it!  You're so on edge you used the wrong acronym!
> <grin>

Oops. Typo/slip. DRM it should have been. I didn't reread it.

>> Whatever the DVD format, this isn't of much relevance to Linux, but
>> Blu-Ray's win is a huge blow to Microsoft (primarily a financial blow) and
>> good news to a unit that can run Linux (live CD), have it installed, or even
>> _pre_installed for years to come.
>
> This HD-DVD versus Blu-Ray stuff never meant much to me.  I barely
> traffic in audio CDs and DVDs these days.  Too much computer fun!

Internet television is pretty nice. It's interactive, searchable, recordable.
As for HD DVD, that's going to cost Microsoft. It is already trying to deny
this because analysts predict kah-kah for XBox.

Roy S. Schestowitz     | GPL - Global Programmer's Law
 16:00:01 up 27 days,  1:54,  3 users,  load average: 0.31, 0.66, 1.17