[News] Xfce Has Great Potential of Becoming Dominant

  • Subject: [News] Xfce Has Great Potential of Becoming Dominant
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:34:31 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
What is XFCE still needing to become the #1 choice

,----[ Quote ]
| So far, the applications, tools, accessories and applets that come with XFCE
| are not contaminated with the Mono virus, and hopefully this won't change
| very soon. (Or at least, I hope so.) XFCE is reasonably mature, and
| constantly improving, so it has all the chances to become the mid-weighted
| Desktop Environment of choice pretty soon!
|
| To make XFCE be #1 (in "market share", if you want to put it this way), it
| doesn't have to look like Vista, nor to look like OS X Leopard; it's good
| that it's that configurable, but it's also good that it's simple by default.
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2008/02/18/13/05/37-what-is-xfce-still-needing-to-be
http://tinyurl.com/2up7o3

Recent:

Design your own desktop with Xfce 4.4 - part 2

,----[ Quote ]
| By popular demand, I decided to push the limits of Xfce’s customisability
| even further. This time, I would make it look like Mac OS X 10.5 “Leopard”.
`----

http://xubuntublog.wordpress.com/2008/02/15/design-your-own-desktop-with-xfce-44-part-2/

Related:

Linux Mint 3.0 Xfce Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Mint is an Ubuntu-based distribution whose goal is to provide a more
| complete out-of-the-box experience by including browser plugins, media
| codecs, support for DVD playback, Java and other components. It is compatible
| with Ubuntu software repositories. The 3.0 Xfce edition was released on
| August 7, 2007. Some snapshots for Linux Mint can be found here, but these
| snapshots are not specific for Xfce.
`----

http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/08/linux-mint-30-xfce-review.html

Eight Distros a Week: Linux Mint Daryna 4.0 Xfce

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://larrythefreesoftwareguy.wordpress.com/2008/02/14/eight-distros-a-week-linux-mint-daryna-40-xfce/