Re: Got links, Roy? (was Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy)

Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

> Way to set up your own premise and conclusion, Erik.

Are you mad?

>>> Pot kettle black!
>>
>> Oh, please.  You're comparing behavior that you attribe to me, to behavior
>> Roy has just confessed to.  You don't see the difference?
>
> Nope.  You did dig up and post some rather noxious information about
> someone, did not you?
>
>> And why is it that when I point out things that IBM does that Microsoft is
>> criticized for, you whine about me using a "But they do it too" defense?
>> Yet here you are in the exact sort of argument using PKB response, which is
>> essentially a "But you do it too" defense.
>>
>> Why is it so hard for you to see how often and frequently Roy lies in an
>> attempt to get his way?  Why do you defend him when he's obviously lying?
>
> Um, because he really /isn't/ lying?

He was lying.

>> And, more importantly, why are you defending him he ADMITS to lying?
>
> Because he didn't admit to lying?  He admitted he didn't mean to follow
> through on his threat.  A silly thing, but not exactly a lie.

So he threatened someone with something he had no  intention of doing?
And that is not lying? Are you really so bloody thick as you appear? And
removing information you do not want others to see is not censorship?
You're a raving loony man.

> Pot Kettle Black, man.  You're the last guy who needs to be worrying
> about Roy's veracity.

Veracity? Go and see the doctor Liarnut. Seriously. You're losing the
plot.